- Full Description
Apache Tomcat is the most popular open-source de-facto Java Web application server, standard for today's Web developers using JSP/Servlets. Apache Tomcat 7 covers details on installation and administration of Apache Tomcat 7. It explains key parts of the Tomcat architecture, and provides an introduction to Java Servlet and JSP APIs in the context of the Apache Tomcat server.
In addition to basic concepts and administration tasks, Apache Tomcat 7 covers some of the most frequently used advanced features of Tomcat, including security, Apache web server integration, load balancing, and embedding Tomcat server in Java applications.
Finally, through a practical primer, it shows how to integrate and use some of the most popular Java technologies with Apache Tomcat. In summary, Apache Tomcat 7 offers both novice and intermediate Apache Tomcat users a practical and comprehensive guide to this powerful software.
What youll learn
- Install and set up Tomcat 7 on Windows and Unix platforms
- Manage and deploy application deployed on Tomcat 7 using Manager Application
- Secure Tomcat 7 server using security realms or HTTPS protocol
- Embed Tomcat 7 server into your desktop Java application
- Efficiently configure Tomcat 7 with Apache Web server
- Configure data sources and mail sessions using JNDI in Tomcat
- Configure logging for web applications deployed on Tomcat server
Who this book is for
This book is for those Web developers and/or Java programmers new to the open-source Apache Tomcat Web server. It's also for those new to the latest release, version 7.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Apache Tomcat 7
- Deploying Web Applications to Tomcat
- Servlets, JSPs, and ServletContext
- Using Tomcat's Manager Web Application
- HTTP Sessions
- Configuring Security Realms
- Securing Tomcat with SSL
- Valves and Servlet Filters
- Embedding Tomcat
- Integrating Apache Web Server
- Integrating Spring MVC Framework
- Logging in Tomcat
- Configuring JNDI in Tomcat
- Server.xml File
- The Web.xml File
- Source Code/Downloads
Please Login to submit errata.On page 45:
I download the content(source code) and seems it's missing some code from chapter 2 (apress.war) , logo.jsp is not in the 9781430237235.zip file.