- Full Description
While media buzz regularly circulates around iPhone and Android, Nokia still leads the pack in terms of world market share. Symbian, for instance, remains the most widely used mobile operating system. With Nokia's open development platform, the opportunities available for mobile developers to target this vastly popular operating system are abundant and clear.
- Use Qt to target both platforms: Symbian, the most widely used mobile operating system in the world, as well as MeeGo, the Intel/Nokia platform for mobile devices.
- Develop HTML5 applications for both Symbian and MeeGo platforms that will run with little modification on other mobile platforms.
- Novice developers learn the basics of Qt with a mobile slant, giving them the ability to target both desktop and mobile platforms.
What youll learn
- How to do Qt basics
- What is QML or the Qt Markup Language
- What is Qt for Meego and how to use it
and how to use it
- How to work with the Web Runtime
- Why mobile development is different
- How to port/support MeeGo and Symbian platforms
Who this book is for
This must-have book is for mobile developers wanting to target the Meego and Symbian platforms (either as the sole platform or in cross-platform development), and existing mobile developers wanting to start using Qt.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Introducing Nokias Software Platform
- Designing Your Application
- Working with the Nokia Qt SDK
- Beginning Qt Development
- Doing More with Qt
- Introducing Qt Quick
- Developing with HTML5
- Testing Your Application
- Deploying Your Application
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published