- Full Description
Microsoft is injecting new energy into the smart phone marketplace with the sophisticated Windows Phone 7. This new energy equates to new opportunities for you, the mobile developer. Beginning Windows Phone 7 Development has been written specifically to help you seize these opportunities and begin creating applications for this exciting new mobile device platform.
Beginning Windows Phone 7 Developmentstarts with the basics, walking you through the process of downloading and setting up the right development tools, including Visual Studio, Expression Blend, Silverlight SDK, and Windows Phone SDK. The book then takes you step-by-step though the development process as you build and deploy a complete application with a highly sophisticated user interface. Finally, you'll receive step-by-step instructions on selling your applications through the Microsoft Phone Marketplace.
What youll learn
- Create effective networked applications
- Leverage your phones GPS capabilities from within your application
- Interact with the phones built-in functionality (camera, contacts, maps, accelerometer, video and web browser to name but a few)
- Construct highly graphical and responsive user interfaces quickly and easily using the features that Microsoft has provided for you
- How to package and distribute your applications both for personal distribution and through the Windows Phone Marketplace
Who this book is for
This book is for anyone interested in developing applications for the Windows Phone 7. You might be an existing .NET developer looking for a new creative angle or perhaps an iPhone or Android developer looking for a new opportunity.
If you have an understanding of basic .NET coding practices then this book if for you.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Introducing Windows Phone 7 and the Windows Phone Platform
- Building Windows Phone 7 Applications
- Using Cloud Services As Data Stores
- Catching and Debugging Errors
- Packaging, Publishing, and Managing Applications
- Working with the Accelerometer
- Application Bar
- WebBrowser Control
- Working with Controls and Themes
- Integrating Applications with the Windows Phone OS
- Creating Trial Applications
- Isolated Storage
- Using Location Services
- Working with the Camera and Photos
- Push Notifications
- Reactive Extensions for .NET
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to email@example.com . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published