- Full Description
This book offers everything you'll need to upgrade your existing programming knowledge and begin to develop applications for the Windows Phone.
It focuses on the 75 percent of the material that you will need 95 percent of the time. We're not going to teach you object-oriented programming (OOP) all over again, but we are going to take the time to point out how .NET and C# differ in their execution of the standard OOP concepts from other languages' implementations in order to make your migration as smooth and stress-free as possible.
Migrating to Windows Phone will lead you through a tour of the key features of developing for Microsoft's devices. We'll consider everything from data handling to accelerometers, from mapping to WCF. We'll also walk you through monetizing your application through Microsoft's online Windows Phone store.
What youll learn
- To get your phone, IDE and other tools set up in an efficient manner
- The controls that are available to you in Windows Phone programming and how they can be applied
- To apply concepts of a non-trivial demo application to your own application context
- To point out the key elements of both the phone and the Visual Studio IDE
- The principles of push and pull data and data-binding
- To work with the features that make the Windows Phone unique (Bing Maps, WCF, Silverlight)
- To monetize your applications through advertising, the Windows Phone Marketplace, and other channels
Who this book is for
This book is for anyone seeking to develop applications for the Windows Phone. No prior Silverlight or C# knowledge is required, although an understanding of programming in general, and object-oriented programming in particular, is assumed. Notes are used liberally to highlight features and concepts that might be confusing to programmers unfamiliar with .NET and C#.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Get Set Up: Getting all the tools
- Get to Work: Building a non-trivial application
- Get Control: Exploring the Windows Phone 7 controls
- Get the Data: Working with data-bound applications
- Get a Life: The Windows Phone 7 life cycle
- Get Moving: Enhancing your applications with Animation
- Get a Job: Interacting with the Phone, camera, GPS, etc.
- Get Pushy: Push notifications
- Get Online: Connecting to and browsing the web
- Get Lost: GPS, location services and maps
- Get Money: The Marketplace and monetizing your application
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published