- Full Description
Pro iOS Continuous Integration teaches you how to utilize the strengths of continuous integration in your everyday work. CI is more popular now than ever, as iOS developers realize how time-consuming building and deploying an application for testing purposes and quality assurance can be. This book shows you how to make your developing life easier, with real-world applications and examples.
With this book, you will learn what continuous integration and continuous delivery really are and how they can be used in your iOS projects. You will learn how to release an iOS application outside the App Store using Xcode. You'll understand how to leverage the power of the command line to build your projects, and run your tests. You'll use Jenkins and Bamboo to architect automatic builds and automate the whole build process. In addition, you'll also learn how to use Xcode server and bots, what quality assurance tools can be used to measure the quality of your code, and how to send builds to your beta testers.
Author Romain Pouclet provides hands-on, practical experience in iOS continuous integration and, using this book, you will see that it's not actually that hard to set up a fully-featured continuous integration platform, whether you are an independent iOS developer working from home or a member of a team in a big company.
What youll learn
- Learn what continuous integration really is and how you can benefit from it
- Use Xcode to develop and release an application without the app store
- Stop wasting time tracking environment related bugs
- Automate the execution of unit and functional tests
- Use quality insurance tools to track bugs and other misconceptions
Who this book is for
Pro iOS Continuous Integration is for iOS developers who are working from home or as a member of a team in a large company, who want to learn how to implement continuous integration into their workflow. If you are struggling to understand the widespread info that's currently available - this book succinctly brings the available tools and workflows together in one, easy-to-understand volume.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Continuous Integration
2. Continuous Integration Tools and Features in iOS and Xcode
3. Using Xcode to Release Outside the App Store
4. Invoking the Power of the Command Line
5. Automating Builds with Jenkins
6. Automating Builds with Bamboo
7. Over The Air (OTA) Distribution
8. Day-to-Day Use of Xcode Server and Xcode Bots
9. Adding Unit and Acceptance testing to the mix
10. Quality Assurance
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to email@example.com . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published