- Full Description
The Zend Framework is one of todays most popular PHPbased web application development frameworks. Beginning Zend Framework is a beginners guide to learning and using the Zend Framework. It covers everything from the installation to the various features of the framework to get the reader up and running quickly.
What youll learn
- Install and configure the Zend Framework.
- Create your first Zend Framework web application.
- Explore controllers and actions, views, form creation, validation, and filtering.
- Build and access the database layer with Zend_Db.
- Develop a Send/Receive email application using Zend_Mail.
- Integrate web services and feeds, and create and incorporate a search engine.
- Complete your web application by looking at performance optimization.
Who this book is for
This book is for the beginning-to-intermediate Web developer who primarily uses PHP.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Getting Started with Zend Framework
- The Application
- Writing Controllers Using Zend_Controller
- Views, Forms, Filters, and Validators
- Database Communication, Manipulation, and Display
- Sending and Receiving E-mail
- Web Services and Feeds
- Creating a Search Engine Using Zend_Search_Lucene
- Caching with Zend Framework
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to email@example.com . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.On page 79:
When setting the error handler, a controller of 'ApplicationError' does not work. 'Application-Error' does.