- Full Description
In his new book, veteran Visual Basic programmer David McCarter provides VB professionals with a variety of important new tips and techniques designed to maximize day-to-day productivity. Those who enjoyed David's first book, VB Tips and Tricks, will find the author's familiar style paired with content of special interest to intermediate and advanced developers.
What youll learnThe opening chapter includes essential tips for beginners that even more experienced programmers will find valuable (or may have forgotten). McCarter goes on to provide techniques that cover almost every major topic for intermediate and advanced VB programmersstrings and arrays, disk and I/O, working with controls, etc. He also tackles more complex topics such as working with the Windows API, databases, the Internet, the AddressOf operator, VB runtime files, registering COM objects, and much more.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Some Hot Tips to Get You Started
- Tips on Working with Strings and Arrays
- Tips on Working with Controls
- Disk and File Tips and Tricks
- Tips and Tricks to Use with Forms
- Tips from the World of Windows API
- Tips on Visual Basic and the Internet
- Database Tips for Visual Basic and Microsoft Access
- Tips and Tricks on Some Advanced Stuff
- Miscellaneous but Nevertheless Super-Useful Tips
- Source Code/Downloads