- Full Description
Have you noticed that the majority of .NET books seem intent on hiding you from real-world code? You can buy a 1,500-page draft excluder, study it intensively for a month, and still be none the wiser as to how to write basic programs. This book isn't like that.
You'll discover ways to obtain Microsoft code and save hours of development time; you'll uncover the truth behind creating fast programs that run on anything from PDAs to mobile phones to microwaves; you'll be exposed to a hidden .NET language; and you'll find out why you need to know at least some C# (and then be given a cheat course on the basics.)
The useful code and .NET programming tips having been personally developed by the author over the past three yearsthese aren't updated Visual Basic 6 code scraps. Everything within these pages has been created and tested for VB .NET and ASP.NET.
What youll learn
- How to create exciting new XP-style interfaces
- How to code ultra-thin Windows applications that automatically update via the Web
- How to apply dozens of ASP.NET secrets
- How to push your DataGrid to the max in Windows applications and on the Web
- How to add powerful Google, Amazon, and TerraServer searches to your applications
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Moving from VB6
- Creating Great Windows Applications
- Web Sites in Seconds!
- Working with Data
- The Lowdown on Web Services
- From Microwaves to Pocket PCs: Special Project Types
- More .NET Secrets
- Unveiled: The Hidden .NET Language
- The Quick C# Translation Guide
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published