- Full Description
Beginning Visual Basic 2005 Databases teaches you everything you need to know about relational databases, SQL, and ADO.NET 2.0, giving you a sound start in developing console and Windows database applications. The book also includes chapters on the new SQL Server XML data type and the forthcoming LINQ enhancements to the next version of Visual Basic.
In addition to teaching you database basics like using SQL to communicate with databases, this book provides you with detailed, code-practical techniques to access data in VB 2005 across a range of coding situations. Code-heavy and full of practical detail, this book has been fully revised and upgraded for .NET 2.0 and offers you the best contemporary practice in this core programming area, so that youll find yourself using it in nearly all your .NET projects.
What youll learn
- Provides step-by-step instructions on how to install and configure necessary tools
- Presents all essential SQL query and update concepts and syntax, so you neednt have prior familiarity with relational databases or SQL
- Describes how to use ADO.NET transactions, exceptions, and events
- Covers ADO.NET features for handling XML, text, and binary data within a VB 2005 context
- Explains all concepts through straightforward code examples
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to email@example.com . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published