- Full Description
James Kellys LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT-G Programming Guide, Second Edition is a fountain of wisdom and ideas for those looking to master the art of programming LEGOs MINDSTORMS NXT robotics kits. This second edition is fully-updated to cover all the latest features and parts in the NXT 2.0 series. It also includes exercises at the end of each chapter and other content suggestions from educators and other readers of the first edition.
LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT-G Programming Guide, Second Edition focuses on the NXT-G programming language. Readers 10 years old and up learn to apply NXT-G to real-life problems such as moving and turning, locating objects based upon their color, making decisions, and much more. Perfect for for those who are new to programming, the book covers the language, the underlying mathematics, and explains how to calibrate and adjust robots for best execution of their programming.
- Provides programming techniques and easy-to-follow examples for each and every programming block
- Includes homework-style exercises for use by educators
- Gives clear instructions on how to build a test robot for use in running the example programs
Please note: the print version of this title is black & white; the eBook is full color.
What youll learn
- Understand the basics of computer and robotic programming
- Easily program your robot using the NXT-G 1.0 and 2.0 visual programming languages
- Learn real-world techniques for moving, waiting, deciding, and much more.
- Get familiar with new hardware such as the color sensor included in the NXT 2.0 kit
- Control your robot manually from a remote control device
- Learn basic math principles that will make you a better programmer
Who this book is for
This book is for people 10 years old and up who are new to programming, or who are new to the NXT-G programming language. The book also appeals to educators who use NXT-G as a vehicle for teaching about robotics and programming principles.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Robots and Programs
- Program Structure
- Hello World!
- Get Movin
- Record and Playback
- Make Some Noise!
- True or False?
- Wait for It!
- Round and Round
- Decisions, Decisions
- Stop It!
- Pick a Card, Any Card
- Apples and Oranges
- Inside or Out?
- Yes? No? Maybe?
- Title = Anything You Like
- Basic Text
- Basic Math
- Staying Alive
- Your Own Filing Cabinet
- My Block Is Your Block
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published