- Full Description
Companies of all sizes worldwide are looking to virtualization to change the way data centers operate. Server consolidation, energy efficiency, simpler management, and deployment and increased capacity are all tangible benefits to be gained from a move to virtual servers and virtually hosted services. Microsoft has introduced HyperV, a Hypervisorbased virtualization platform integrated with the operating system, allowing you to dynamically add physical and virtual resources into your data center with minimal pain.
In Pro HyperV, author Harley Stagner takes a comprehensive approach to acquiring, deploying, using, and troubleshooting Microsofts answer to virtualization on the Windows Server platform. Learn from a true virtualization guru all you need to know about deploying virtual machines, managing your library of VMs in your enterprise, recovering gracefully from failure scenarios, and migrating existing physical machines to virtual hardware.
What youll learn
In this book, you will discover
- How HyperV technologies built into Windows Server 2008 can save your organization money and make it more nimble
- What it takes to deploy HyperV to your servers
- The process to build, configure, and deploy virtual machines
- How to migrate physical machines to virtual machines, and virtual machines to other virtual machines
- Ideas and thoughts on disaster recovery in virtualized environments
Who this book is for
This book is targeted at IT specialists interested in assessing, acquiring, deploying, and managing Windows Serverbased virtualization products and technologies for their environments. Administrators currently using HyperV will also find this book useful as a reference for the more intricate parts of the system.
- Source Code/Downloads