- Full Description
Pro PerformancePoint Server 2007 is Microsofts latest product in its line of business intelligence applications, a piece of software that gathers data from corporate databases and delivers it to an end user in a friendly, graphical fashion. PerformancePoint offers the next step in the digitization world. Businesses now have gigabytes upon terabytes of data in databases; theres a need to interpret the data and glean key business insights from it and PerformancePoint.
Author Philo Janus walks you through the business process management and architecture of the PerformancePoint product before delving into developing a complete business intelligence solution, from start to finish.
What youll learn
- Develop an endtoend business intelligence solution
- Harness and massage data using SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, and SQL Server Reporting Services
- Use ProClarity Analytics to get a better view on corporate performance data
- Build a portal with key performance indicators and business scorecards using PerformancePoint, Excel Services, and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007.
- Build out a complete business scorecard
- Develop tools for business planning and forecasting
Who this book is for
If youre interested in harvesting data from your corporate databases, developing solutions to represent it visually to different audiences in your business, and slicing and dicing that information in a variety of different ways, PerformancePointand this bookare for you.
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to email@example.com . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published