- Full Description
This book provides a road-map to successful implementation of strategic outsourcing programmes, providing down-to-earth approaches to outsourcing decision making and programme management, based on a grass-roots understanding. A practitioner-focused book for business leaders and managers providing a holistic view of strategic outsourcing, covering the three essential pillars of success: risks, rewards and relationships. The author shows how business leaders can transform organisational business models, structures and mind-sets, taking the reader on a journey through the book's fifteen chapters, helping the reader truly grasp: the drivers for change as a result of globalisation and convergence and their impact on organisational strategies; how outsourcing can transform the various processes and functions of an organisation; the impact outsourcing is having on various industry vertical sectors; the eight foundations of successful strategic outsourcing programmes, which when combined with strategic decision-making knowledge, guarantees that organisations embarking on the strategic outsourcing journey, derive the transformational benefits they seek.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Role of Strategic Sourcing in a Changing World.
- Globalisation and Convergence.
- Social and Philosophical Considerations of Outsourcing.
- From Tactical to Strategic Outsourcing.
- Outsourcing Within Industry Verticals.
- Strategic Outsourcing.
- Sourcing Models.
- Strategic Outsourcing Decision Governance.
- Insights from Academic Research on Outsourcing.
- Minimising Risk Through the Contract.
- Minimising Risk Through Relationships.
- Offshoring Leaders, Laggards and Hopefuls.
- Managing Cultural Differences.
- Implementing Successful Strategic Outsourcing Programmes.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published