- Full Description
In times of general instability change management is a great challenge. Our fossil mental patterns are not sufficient any more to be able to navigate sensibly the global scenario of complexity. Metaphorical thinking is a method which releases creative impulses into every change process and is of practical use, activating collective knowledge as a new network resource at the same time. This book reflects modern economy, ecology, sustainability and perception from an artistic perspective. However, it is not so much about 'art', but rather how the modern artist takes on a serving role in the social arena again. He makes his creative knowledge available to connect processes of large-scale social development, he extends the boundaries of our scientifically limited world view and creates inspired playgrounds where the sensory-visionary can freely interact with the technically-necessary. This is no new aesthetic theory but rather a practical application of the creative process in operation at the crossroads of social interaction. Metaphorical thinking is emotionalized thinking and the observer is not separated from reality, but the centre, the starting point, of every change and new development. This volume offers creative ways to find solutions for a wide range of complex problems. It is a practical instrument for modern leadership and can be used to teach complexity in new ways. This work will help to create a global dialogue for sustainable change.Thsi book is also available in German: ISBN 978-90-481-9678-4
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Introduction; Travel to arrive as someone else; Centrifugal Metaphors 1. Sustainability: teach the unsharp how to manage: Newton Mechanics; Quantum Physics; Tissue of Reality; Evolutionary Threads; Materialistic patterns.
- 2. Paradign Shift: from Fossile to Solar Aeons; Combustion energy; conscious energy transfer; linear thinking; systemic action; male domination; shift to female.
- 3. The Integral Model: the navigation system for instable Systems; longing for order; from simple to high complexity; From I to We, to We go all.
- 4. Perception: or the construction of our inner maneouvering room; development of perception filters; The I construction and our Cabintes of respresentation; perception obstacles; structural blindness.
- 5. Change: Fascinating transition between Instability and Stability; Chaos and order as development steps; resistance as the limits of the system.
- 6. Metaphorical Thinking: The creation of Metalayers; a picture tells more than a thousand words, reminding instead of teaching; Intuition as decision taking instrument; The symbol as memory enforcer.
- 7.Organisation Management: Creative approaches for Collective Intelligence; Wisdom of crowds or the farewell of the Genius; The emotional DNA and the Collective production of Ideas; Companyculture and Psychosomatic Disorders.
- 8. Creativity: The most sustainable renewable energy of people; creativity as necessary investment; Appendix: Being Creatively Useful, by Michael Braungart; The post
- fossil fuel revolution – energy as a creative force, by Stefan Gara; Matriarchy and the Solar Age, by Carola Günther; More fertilizer for the brain, by Gerald Hüther; On what our brains need right into old age: Enthusiasm!: Creativity as a catalyst against the irrationality of economic rationality, by Claude Siegenthaler; Remain in the picture!, by Fritz Franz Vogel; Art as a stimulating force, by Georg Winter; Biographies: Michael Braungart; Klaus Elle; Marion Elle; Stefan Gara;Carola Guenther; Gerald Hüther; Claude Patrick Siegenthaler; Fritz Franz Vogel; Georg Winter; Acknowledgments.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published