- Full Description
The book reports the proceedings of the 15th Italian workshop on neural networks issued by the Italian Society on Neural Networks SIREN. The longevity recipe of this conference stands in three main points that normally renders the reading of these proceedings so interesting as appealing. 1. The topics of the neural networks is considered an attraction pole for a set of researches centered on the inherent paradigm of the neural networks, rather than on a specific tool exclusively. Thus, the subsymbolic management of the data information content constitutes the key feature of papers in various fields such as Pattern Recognition, Stochastic Optimization, Learning, Granular Computing, and so on, with a special bias toward bioinformatics operational applications. An excerpt of all these matters may be found in the book. 2. Though managed at domestic level, the conference attracts contributions from foreign researchers as well, so that in the book the reader may capture the flavor of the state of the art in the international community. 3. The conference is a meeting of friends as well. Thus the papers generally reflect a relaxed atmosphere where researchers meet to generously exchange their thought and explain their actual results in view of a common cultural growing of the community.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- From the contents: Pre
- WIRN workshop on Computational Intelligence Methods for Bioinformatics and Biostatistics (CIBB): 1 ProGenGrid: A Grid Framework for Bioinformatics.
- 2 A preliminary investigation on connecting genotype to oral cancer development through XCS.
- 3 Mass Spectrometry Data Analysis for Early Detection of Inherited Breast Cancer.
- 4 Feature Selection combined with random subspace ensemble for gene expression based diagnosis of malignancies.
- 5 Pruning the Nodule Candidate Set in Postero Anterior Chest Radiographs.
- 6 Protein Structure Assembly from Knowledge of beta
- sheet Motifs and Secondary Structure.
- 7 Analysis of Oligonucleotide Microarray Images using a fuzzy sets Approach in HLA Typing.
- 8 Combinatorial and Machine Learning Approaches in Clustering Microarray Data.
- 9 Gene expression data modelling and validation of gene selection methods.
- 10 Mining Yeast Gene Microaray Data with Latent Variable Models.
- 11 Recent Applications of Neural Networks in Bioinformatics.
- 12 An Algorithm for Reducing the Number of Support Vectors.
- WIRN workshop on Computational Intelligence on Hardware: Algorithms.
- Implementations and Applications (CIHAIA): 13 Genetic Design of linear block error
- correcting codes.
- 14 Neural hardware based on kernel methods for industrial and scientific applications.
- 15 Statistical Learning for Parton Identification.
- 16 Time
- Varying Signals Classification Using a Liquid State Machine.
- 17 FPGA Based Statistical Data Mining Processor.
- 18 Neural Classification of HEP Experimental Data.
- WIRN Regular Sessions
- Architectures and Algorithms; Models; Applications.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to email@example.com . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published