- Full Description
'Acrobat® and PDF for Architecture, Engineering, and Construction' is a practical guide focusing on the applications of PDF in the solution of 'engineering' problems which may arise in various disciplines from architecture to construction. Using real-world examples, the authors follow a project from design through build and long-term maintenance. Readers can take full advantage of the power of PDF in an engineering environment by employing: review tracking; geo-referenced drawings; common format CAD and configuration management; reduced review and approval time with better document control; and project management advice. Chapter summaries, example and sample projects followed throughout the book demonstrating the use of the various PDF capabilities introduced and end-of-chapter exercises facilitate self-teaching. For professionals of all walks of life from electrical, civil and mechanical engineers to architects and construction managers with levels of expertise ranging from the intermediate to advanced.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Introduction. The AEC Workflow.
- Overview of Adobe Acrobat 7.
- Creating Package Components from Documents.
- Creating Other Package Components.
- Converting AEC File Formats.
- Assembling the Package.
- Modifying Content in the Package.
- Using Acrobat Forms and Databases.
- Commenting and Reviewing.
- Using Other Features and Functions.
- PDF Mapping.
- Acrobat for AEC Knowledge Management.
- Putting it all Together.
- Appendices: System Requirements; Acrobat 7 and Adobe Reader 7 Accessibility.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to email@example.com . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published