- Full Description
Company network administrators are compelled today to aggressively pursue a robust network security regime. Network Security Policies and Procedures gives the reader a strong, multi-disciplinary understanding of how to pursue this goal. This professional volume introduces the technical issues surrounding security as well as how security policies are formulated at the executive level and communicated throughout the organization. Readers will gain a better understanding of how their colleagues on 'the other side of the fence' view an organization’s security and will thus be better equipped to act in a way that forwards an organization’s goals. Network Security Policies and Procedures is intended for both technical and management professionals interested in learning how security manifests itself throughout all levels of an organization. This book is also suitable for advanced-level students in computer science and electrical engineering.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- List of Figures.
- Acknowledgments and Dedication.
- Information Technology and its Role in the Modern Organization.
- The Extent of an Organization’s Connectivity.
- Network Physical Components.
- Legitimate Network Access.
- Illegitimate Network Access.
- Balanced Scorecard.
- Physical Security.
- Disaster Recovery.
- Initial Employee Communication.
- The Human Element.
- Email, Instant Messaging and Phishing.
- Network Administration.
- Network Monitoring.
- Executive Communication.
- Information Security Awareness.
- Synthesis and Conclusion.
- Draft Policies.
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published