- Full Description
Modeling and Simulation Tools for Emerging Telecommunication Networks contains over 20 articles by well-known scientists and engineers reflecting the advances in modeling and simulation for telecommunications in the last five years. Their research covers a broad spectrum of topics including; analytic and hybrid cores for quick solutions of network design performance evaluation problems; multimedia traffic behavior in different time scales; improvement of the quality of the statistical analysis tools imbedded in simulation products; combining source and lower-layer models into two-layer or three-layer traffic models; mobile and satellite communcations propagation models and wide-band optical networks propagation models; verification and validation problems, rare-event simulation and accelerated simulation methods. The book covers four primary topics: multilayer traffic and multimedia traffic behavior; quality of simulations; accelerated simulation methods; and verification, validation and credibility of simulations and will be an essential reference for practicing engineers and academic researchers.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Challenges in Access Distribution and Core Networks for Next Generation Traffic.
- An Empirical Approach to Multimedia Modeling and Multilayer Modeling.
- Multimedia Traffic Behavior.
- Traffic Modeling and Prediction using ARIMA/GARCH Model.
- From Packet
- Level Models to Fluid Models of IP Networks.
- Optimal Dimensioning of Multiservice Lines.
- Challenges of Tool Development Facing Rapidly Changing Market Demands.
- Packaging Simulation Results with CoreGlue.
- A Tool for Modeling Grids in (Near) Real Time.
- Integrated Simulation of Communication Networks and Logistical Networks Using Object
- Oriented Programming Language Features to Enhance Modeling.
- Distributed Simulation of Vehicular Networks.
- A Monte
- Carlo Type Simulation Approach for Performance Evaluation in Optical Burst Switched Networks.
- Radio Channel and Modulation Schemes Simulation Using Markov Chains.
- A Component Approach to Optical Transmission Network Design.
- Fast Dimensioning of Packet
- Switched All
- Optical Networks.
- Quality Assessment of Modeling and Simulation of Network
- Centric Military Systems.
- Using Fuzzy Value Tree Analysis to Support Validation of Models and Simulations.
- An Analysis Tool for Markovian Traffic Validation.
- Some General Terminal and Network Teletraffic Equations in Virtual Circuit Switching Systems.
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published