- Full Description
This text reviews the evolution of the field of visualization, providing innovative examples from various disciplines, highlighting the important role that visualization plays in extracting and organizing the concepts found in complex data. Features: presents a thorough introduction to the discipline of knowledge visualization, its current state of affairs and possible future developments; examines how tables have been used for information visualization in historical textual documents; discusses the application of visualization techniques for knowledge transfer in business relationships, and for the linguistic exploration and analysis of sensory descriptions; investigates the use of visualization to understand orchestral music scores, the optical theory behind Renaissance art, and to assist in the reconstruction of an historic church; describes immersive 360 degree stereographic visualization, knowledge-embedded embodied interaction, and a novel methodology for the analysis of architectural forms.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Part I: Knowledge Visualization Background.
- What is an Effective Knowledge Visualization?.
- What Is Knowledge Visualization?.
- Part II: Text.
- Tables and Early Information Visualization.
- Contract Clarity and Usability through Visualization.
- From Culture to Text to Interactive Visualization of Wine Reviews.
- Part III: Art.
- Colorscore: Visualization and Condensation of Structure of Classical Music.
- The Implications of David Hockney’s Thesis for 3D Computer Graphics.
- Practice of Using Virtual Reconstruction in the Restoration of Monumental Painting.
- Part IV: Culture.
- Mediation of Knowledge Construction of Historic Sites.
- Memory, Difference, and Information.
- Cultural Data Sculpting.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to email@example.com . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published