- Full Description
Evolvable hardware (EHW) refers to hardware whose architecture/structure and functions change dynamically and autonomously in order to improve its performance in carrying out tasks. The emergence of this field has been profoundly influenced by the progress in reconfigurable hardware and evolutionary computation. Traditional hardware can be inflexible – the structure and its functions are often impossible to change once it is created. However, most real world problems are not fixed – they change with time. In order to deal with these problems efficiently and effectively, different hardware structures are necessary. EHW provides an ideal approach to make hardware 'soft' by adapting the structure to a problem dynamically. The contributions in this book provide the basics of reconfigurable devices so that readers will be fully prepared to understand what EHW is, why it is necessary and how it is designed. The book also discusses the leading research in digital, analog and mechanical EHW.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Evolvable Hardware.
- EHW Applied to Image Data Compression.
- A GA Hardware Engine and Its Applications.
- fabrication Clock
- timing Adjustment by Genetic Algorithms.
- inspired Computing Machines with Artificial Division and Differentiation.
- The POEtic Hardware Device: Assistance for Evolution, Development and Learning.
- Evolvable Analog LSI.
- Reconfigurable Electronics for Extreme Environment.
- Characterization and Synthesis of Circuits at Extreme Low Temperatures.
- competitive Evolvable Hardware Created by Means of Genetic Programming.
- Evolvable Optics System.
- Hardware Platforms for Electrostatic Tuning of MEMS Gyroscope Using Nature Inspired Computation.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to email@example.com . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published