- Full Description
Augmented Reality (AR) refers to the merging of a live view of the physical, real world with context-sensitive, computer-generated images to create a mixed reality. Through this augmented vision, a user can digitally interact with and adjust information about their surrounding environment on-the-fly. Handbook of Augmented Reality provides an extensive overview of the current and future trends in Augmented Reality, and chronicles the dramatic growth in this field. The book includes contributions from world expert s in the field of AR from academia, research laboratories and private industry. Case studies and examples throughout the handbook help introduce the basic concepts of AR, as well as outline the Computer Vision and Multimedia techniques most commonly used today. The book is intended for a wide variety of readers including academicians, designers, developers, educators, engineers, practitioners, researchers, and graduate students. This book can also be beneficial for business managers, entrepreneurs, and investors.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- PART I TECHNOLOGIES.
- Augmented Reality: An Overview.
- New Augmented Reality Taxonomy: Technologies and Features of Augmented Environment.
- Visualization Techniques for Augmented Reality.
- Mobile Augmented Reality Game Engine.
- Mounted Projection Display Technology and Applications.
- Wireless Displays in Educational Augmented Reality Applications.
- Mobile Projection Interfaces for Augmented Reality Applications.
- Interactive Volume Segmentation and Visualization in Augmented Reality.
- Virtual Roommates: Sampling and Reconstructing Presence in Multiple Shared Spaces.
- Large Scale Spatial Augmented Reality for Design and Prototyping.
- Markless Tracking for Augmented Reality.
- Enhancing Interactivity in Handheld AR Environments.
- Evaluating Augmented Reality Systems.
- Situated Simulations Between Virtual Reality and Mobile Augmented Reality: Designing a Narrative Space.
- Referencing Patterns in Collaborative Augmented Reality.
- QR Code Based Augmented Reality and Its Applications.
- Evolution of a Tracking System.
- Navigation Techniques in Augmented and Mixed Reality: Crossing the Virtuality Continuum.
- Survey of Use Cases for Mobile Augmented Reality Browsers.
- PART II APPLICATIONS.
- Augmented Reality for Nano Manipulation.
- Augmented Reality in Psychology.
- Environmental Planning Using Augmented Reality.
- Mixed Reality Manikins for Medical Education.
- Augmented Reality Applied to Edutainment.
- Designing Mobile Augmented Reality Games.
- Network Middleware for Mobile and Pervasive Large Scale Augmented Reality Games.
- 3D Medical Imaging and Augmented Reality for Image
- Guided Surgery.
- Augmented Reality in Assistive Technology and Rehabilitation Engineering.
- Using Augmentation Techniques for Performance Evaluation in Automotive Safety.
- Augmented Reality in Product Development and Manufacturing.
- Military Applications of Augmented Reality.
- Augmented Reality in Exhibition and Entertainment for the Public.
- GIS and Augmented Reality: State of the Art and Issues.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to email@example.com . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published