- Full Description
The new capabilities of ubiquitous and pervasive computing imply that products, locations, consumers and employees create rich streams of information about themselves, their immediate environment and their use. This book brings together technological and business aspects of conducting commerce using ubiquitous and pervasive computing techniques and also examines its implications for society at large. Individual chapters examine in detail the core technologies that make ubiquitous computing possible, the business standards that must be established to support the envisioned global infrastructures, and the applications in the supply chain and for consumers that can be built today. They also examine business cases where investment in this technology is appropriate as well as the economics mechanisms that must be designed for the effective use of such systems. The implications of ubiquitous and pervasive commerce for the legal system, for employees of retailers and for privacy protection of the public at large are also discussed.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Ubiquitous Computing for Electronic Business.
- Supply Chain Management Standards in Ubiquitous Commerce.
- Optimizing Business Processes by Automatic Data Acquisition: RFID Technology and Beyond.
- RFID in Movable Asset Management.
- Ubiquitous Services: Extending Customer Relationship Management.
- The Business Value of Ubiquitous Computing Technologies.
- Ubiquitous Computing, Customer Tracking and Price Discrimination.
- The Design of Pervasive Retail Experiences.
- Legal Challenges to Ubiquitous Commerce.
- Thoughts on Retail System Design to Support Polimorphic Actions Among Clerks: That’ll Be $20 – But if you Buy two, I’ll Knock off 10%.
- Privacy Protection and RFID.
- The Code of Fair Information Practices.
- The ISTAG Maria Scenario.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published