- Full Description
This unique guide/reference is the very first comprehensive book on the subject of OCR (Optical Character Recognition) for Indic scripts. Features: contains contributions from the leading researchers in the field; discusses data set creation for OCR development; describes OCR systems that cover 8 different scripts – Bangla, Devanagari, Gurmukhi, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Tamil, and Urdu (Perso-Arabic); explores the challenges of Indic script handwriting recognition in the online domain; examines the development of handwriting-based text input systems; describes ongoing work to increase access to Indian cultural heritage materials; provides a section on the enhancement of text and images obtained from historical Indic palm leaf manuscripts; investigates different techniques for word spotting in Indic scripts; reviews mono-lingual and cross-lingual information retrieval in Indic languages. This is an excellent reference for researchers and graduate students studying OCR technology and methodologies.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Part I: Recognition of Indic Scripts.
- Building Data Sets for Indian Language OCR Research.
- On OCR of Major Indian Scripts: Bangla and Devanagari.
- A Complete Machine Printed Gurmukhi OCR System.
- Progress in Gujarati Document Processing and Character Recognition.
- Design of a Bilingual Kannada
- English OCR.
- Recognition of Malayalam Documents.
- A Complete OCR System for Tamil Magazine Documents.
- Experiments on Urdu Text Recognition.
- The BBN Byblos Hindi OCR System.
- Generalization of Hindi OCR using Adaptive Segmentation and Font Files.
- Online Handwriting Recognition for Indic Scripts.
- Part II: Retrieval of Indic Documents.
- Enhancing Access to Primary Cultural Heritage Materials of India.
- Digital Image Enhancement of Indic Historical Manuscripts.
- GFG based Compression and Retrieval of Document Images in Indian Scripts.
- Word spotting for Indic documents to facilitate retrieval.
- Indian Language Information Retrieval.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published