- Full Description
This book provides an introduction to the processing of hexagonally sampled images, includes a survey of the work done in the field, and presents a novel framework for hexagonal image processing (HIP) based on hierarchical aggregates.The strengths offered by hexagonal lattices over square lattices to define digital images are considerable:higher packing densityuniform connectivity of points (pixels) in the latticebetter angular resolution by virtue of having more nearest neighbourssuperlative representation of curvesThe utility of the HIP framework is shown by implementing several basic image processing techniques (for the spatial and frequency domain) and some applications. Theory and algorithms are covered as well as details such as accommodating hardware that support only images sampled on a square lattice.This fresh approach offers insight and workable know-how to both researchers and postgraduates.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Current Approaches to Vision.
- The Proposed HIP Framework.
- Image Processing within the HIP Framework.
- Applications of the HIP Framework.
- Practical Aspects of Hexagonal Image Processing.
- Processing Images on Square and Hexagonal Grids – A Comparison – Conclusion.
- A. Mathematical Derivations.
- B. Derivation of HIP Arithmetic Tables.
- C. Bresenham Algorithms on Hexagonal Lattices.
- D. Source Code.
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published