- Full Description
Social networking is a concept that has existed for a long time; however, with the explosion of the Internet, social networking has become a tool for people to connect and communicate in ways that were impossible in the past. The recent development of Web 2.0 has provided many new applications, such as Myspace, Facebook, and LinkedIn. The purpose of Handbook of Social Network Technologies and Applications is to provide comprehensive guidelines on the current and future trends in social network technologies and applications in the field of Web-based Social Networks. This handbook includes contributions from world experts in the field of social networks from both academia and private industry. A number of crucial topics are covered including Web and software technologies and communication technologies for social networks. Web-mining techniques, visualization techniques, intelligent social networks, Semantic Web, and many other topics are covered. Standards for social networks, case studies, and a variety of applications are covered as well.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Web and software technologies for social networks.
- Social network analysis.
- Communication and P2P infrastructures for social networks.
- Standards for social networks.
- mining techniques for social networks analysis.
- Visualizing online social networks.
- Mobile social networks.
- Social networks and semantic Web.
- Intelligent social network modeling.
- Privacy and security issues for social networks.
- Social network case studies.
- Social network applications.
- Online advertising on social networks.
- Future of the social networks on the Internet.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published