- Full Description
Exploring Digital Design takes a multi-disciplinary look at digital design research where digital design is embedded in a larger socio-cultural context. Working from socio-technical research areas such as Participatory Design (PD), Computer Supported Cooperative Work (CSCW) and Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), the book explores how humanities offer new insights into digital design, and discusses a variety of digital design research practices, methods, and theoretical approaches spanning established disciplinary borders. The aim of the book is to explore the diversity of contemporary digital design practices in which commonly shared aspects are interpreted and integrated into different disciplinary and interdisciplinary conversations. It is the conversations and explorations with humanities that further distinguish this book within digital design research. Illustrated with real examples from digital design research practices from a variety of research projects and from a broad range of contexts Exploring Digital Design offers a basis for understanding the disciplinary roots as well as the interdisciplinary dialogues in digital design research, providing theoretical, empirical, and methodological sources for understanding digital design research. The first half of the book Exploring Digital Design is authored as a multi-disciplinary approach to digital design research, and represents novel perspectives and analyses in this research. The contributors are Gunnar Liestøl, Andrew Morrison and Christina Mörtberg in addition to the editors. Although primarily written for researchers and graduate students, digital design practioners will also find the book useful. Overall, Exploring Digital Design provides an excellent introduction to, and resource for, research into digital design.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Part 1
- A Common Ground.
- Researching Digital Design.
- Research Practices in Digital Design.
- Analytical Perspectives.
- Methods That Matter in Digital Design Research.
- Part 2
- Multiple Perspective on Design Research.
- A Matter of Digital Materiality.
- Mobility, Localization and Digital Genre Design.
- Unreal Estate: Digital Design and Mediation in Marketing Urban Residency.
- Whisperings in the Undergrowth: Communication Design, Online Social Networking and Discursive Performativity.
- Designing for Sustainable Ways of Living with Technologies.
- Epilogue: A Multidisciplinary Take on Digital Design.
- About the Authors.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published