- Full Description
This highly anticipated new edition provides a comprehensive account of face recognition research and technology, spanning the full range of topics needed for designing operational face recognition systems. After a thorough introductory chapter, each of the following chapters focus on a specific topic, reviewing background information, up-to-date techniques, and recent results, as well as offering challenges and future directions. Features: fully updated, revised and expanded, covering the entire spectrum of concepts, methods, and algorithms for automated face detection and recognition systems; provides comprehensive coverage of face detection, tracking, alignment, feature extraction, and recognition technologies, and issues in evaluation, systems, security, and applications; contains numerous step-by-step algorithms; describes a broad range of applications; presents contributions from an international selection of experts; integrates numerous supporting graphs, tables, charts, and performance data.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Face Recognition in Subspaces.
- Face Subspace Learning.
- Local Representation of Facial Features.
- Face Alignment Models.
- Morphable Models of Faces.
- Illumination Modeling for Face Recognition.
- Face Recognition Across Pose and Illumination.
- Skin Color in Face Analysis.
- Face Aging Modeling.
- Face Detection.
- Facial Landmark Localization.
- Face Tracking and Recognition in Video.
- Face Recognition at a Distance.
- Face Recognition Using Near Infrared Images.
- Multispectral Face Imaging and Analysis.
- Face Recognition Using 3D Images.
- Facial Action Tracking.
- Facial Expression Recognition.
- Face Synthesis.
- Evaluation Methods in Face Recognition.
- Dynamic Aspects of Face Processing in Humans.
- Face Recognition by Humans and Machines.
- Face Recognition Applications.
- Large Scale Database Search.
- Face Recognition in Forensic Science.
- Privacy Protection and Face Recognition.
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published