- Full Description
This text provides a survey of the latest research into the Hough transform for line detection and its contemporary developments. Written with students in mind, this work can serve as a condensed textbook and as a reference for practitioners working in computer vision. The text also presents an overview and detailed elaboration of recent research related to PClines – a line parameterization based on parallel coordinates. A detailed analysis of the concept is given, including implementation details and measurements. One chapter discusses the detection of chessboard-like patterns, and sets of parallel lines and lines coincident with one (vanishing) point – a topic with many applications, such as 2D barcodes, aerial images, and architecture recognition. The work summarizes recent research in the field, and analyses new advances achieved using the PClines parameterization.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Review of Hough Transform for Line Detection.
- Variants of the Hough Transform for Straight Line Detection.
- Line Parameterization Based on Parallel Coordinates.
- Vanishing Points, Parallel Lines, Grids.
- Efficient Implementation of PClines.
- PClines Octave Implementation.
- Ratio in Matrix Form.
- Horizon Orientation and Resampling Function.
- Proof of the Equation for the Grid Lines.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published