- Full Description
This book provides practitioners with an overview of the principles & methods needed to build reliable biometric systems. It covers 3 main topics: key biometric technologies, testing & management issues, & the legal and system considerations of biometric systems for personal verification/identification. It focuses on the 4 most widely used technologies - speech, fingerprint, iris & face recognition. It includes: · In-depth coverage of the technical and practical obstacles which are often neglected by application developers & system integrators & which result in shortfalls between expected and actual performance; · Detailed guidelines on biometric system evaluation; · Protocols & benchmarks which will allow developers to compare performance & track system improvements. Biometric Systems - Technology, Design and Performance Evaluation is intended as a reference book for anyone involved in the design, management or implementation of biometric systems.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Biometrics.
- I: Technologies; Fingerprint.
- Iris Recognition.
- Face Recognition.
- Speaker Verification.
- II: Testing; Technology Evaluation of Fingerprint Verification Algorithms.
- Methods of Assessing Progress in Face Recognition.
- The NIST Speaker Recognition Evaluation Program.
- III: Legal, Privacy, and System Considerations; SAGEM.
- Biometric System Integration.
- Biometrics and the US Constitution.
- Privacy Issues in the Application of Biometrics: A European Perspective.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published