- Full Description
This book provides practitioners with an overview of the principles & methods needed to build reliable biometric systems. It covers 3 main topics: key biometric technologies, testing & management issues, & the legal and system considerations of biometric systems for personal verification/identification. It focuses on the 4 most widely used technologies - speech, fingerprint, iris & face recognition. It includes: · In-depth coverage of the technical and practical obstacles which are often neglected by application developers & system integrators & which result in shortfalls between expected and actual performance; · Detailed guidelines on biometric system evaluation; · Protocols & benchmarks which will allow developers to compare performance & track system improvements. Biometric Systems - Technology, Design and Performance Evaluation is intended as a reference book for anyone involved in the design, management or implementation of biometric systems.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Biometrics.
- I: Technologies; Fingerprint.
- Iris Recognition.
- Face Recognition.
- Speaker Verification.
- II: Testing; Technology Evaluation of Fingerprint Verification Algorithms.
- Methods of Assessing Progress in Face Recognition.
- The NIST Speaker Recognition Evaluation Program.
- III: Legal, Privacy, and System Considerations; SAGEM.
- Biometric System Integration.
- Biometrics and the US Constitution.
- Privacy Issues in the Application of Biometrics: A European Perspective.
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published