- Full Description
This book presents the latest advances in methodology and techniques of performance modeling and engineering, ranging from theoretical advances to system and architecture developments, from technology to economics, from academic innovations to engineering processes, from statistical analysis to system control, and from enterprise systems to computer networks. The collection promotes innovative research in these emerging topics, bridging the gap between theory and practice, and stimulating the use of these new developments. Part I focuses on performance design and engineering, introducing new methodologies and considerations including machine learning, network economics, online advertising and performance engineering. Part II concentrates on scheduling and control, covering new developments in Internet traffic routing, network scheduling, and modeling and control of computer systems. Each chapter is self-contained, including both a broad survey of the topic and the technical challenges and solutions.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- About the Editors.
- List of Contributors.
- Machine Learning Techniques
- Reductions Between Prediction Quality Metrics.
- Performance Engineering and Management Method
- A Holistic Approach to Performance Engineering.
- Economic Models of Communication Networks.
- Algorithmic Methods for Sponsored Search Advertising.
- Advances in Oblivious Routing of Internet Traffic.
- Network Scheduling and Message
- Introduction to Control Theory and Its Application to Computing Systems.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published