- Full Description
In any software design project, the analysis stage – documenting and designing technical requirements for the needs of users - is vital to the success of the project. This book provides a thorough introduction and survey to all aspects of analysis. This edition provides new features including: Additional chapters on system Development Life Cycle and Data Element Naming Conventions and Standards; more coverage on converting logical models to physical models, how to generate DDL and testing database functionalities; expansion of database section with concepts such as denormalization, security and change control; developments on new design and technologies, particularly in the area of web analysis and design. A revised Web/Commerce chapter addresses component middleware for complex systems design; new Case Studies. This book is a valuable resource and guide for all information systems students, practitioners and professionals who need an in-depth understanding of the principles of the analysis and design process.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- System Development Life Cycle: Steps in Analysis and Design.
- The User Interface.
- Overview of Analysis Tools.
- Process Based Tools.
- Logic Data Modeling.
- Web User Interface Tools.
- Design Specification Tools.
- CASE and Automated Techniques.
- Object Oriented Techniques.
- Internet/Intranet and Web Analysis.
- Acceptance Testing.
- Business Process Re
- Security and Change Control.
- Creating a Detailed Requirements Document.
- Transactional Processing Systems Design.
- Case Study: the Rainforest Book Company Problem.
- Case Study: The CGT Rental Service Problem.
- Case Study: The Collection Agency Problem.
- Case Study: The Mobile Telephony Company Problem.
- Case Study: Northwest General Practitioner’s Office.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to email@example.com . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published