- Full Description
In our world of ever-increasing Internet connectivity, there is an on-going threat of intrusion, denial of service attacks, or countless other abuses of computer and network resources. In particular, these threats continue to persist due to the flaws of current commercial intrusion detection systems (IDSs). Intrusion Detection Systems is an edited volume by world class leaders in this field. This edited volume sheds new light on defense alert systems against computer and network intrusions. It also covers integrating intrusion alerts within security policy framework for intrusion response, related case studies and much more. This volume is presented in an easy-to-follow style while including a rigorous treatment of the issues, solutions, and technologies tied to the field. Intrusion Detection Systems is designed for a professional audience composed of researchers and practitioners within the computer network and information security industry. It is also suitable as a reference or secondary textbook for advanced-level students in computer science.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Correlation Analysis of Intrusion Alerts.
- Integrating Intrusion Alerts Within a Security Policy Framework for Intrusion Response.
- Formal Specification for Fast Automatic Profiling of Program Behavior.
- Learning Behavior Profiles from Noisy Sequences.
- Approaches in Anomaly
- Based Intrusion Detection Systems.
- An Approach to Preventing, Correlating, and Predicting Multi
- Step Network Attacks.
- Intrusion Detection and Reaction: An Integrated Approach to Network Security.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to email@example.com . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published