- Full Description
This book presents a different approach to pattern recognition (PR) systems, in which users of a system are involved during the recognition process. This can help to avoid later errors and reduce the costs associated with post-processing. The book also examines a range of advanced multimodal interactions between the machine and the users, including handwriting, speech and gestures. Features: presents an introduction to the fundamental concepts and general PR approaches for multimodal interaction modeling and search (or inference); provides numerous examples and a helpful Glossary; discusses approaches for computer-assisted transcription of handwritten and spoken documents; examines systems for computer-assisted language translation, interactive text generation and parsing, relevance-based image retrieval, and interactive document layout analysis; reviews several full working prototypes of multimodal interactive PR applications, including live demonstrations that can be publicly accessed on the Internet.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- General Framework.
- Computer Assisted Transcription: General Framework.
- Computer Assisted Transcription of Text Images.
- Computer Assisted Transcription of Speech Signals.
- Active Learning and Interactive Handwritten Transcription.
- Interactive Machine Translation.
- modality for Interactive Machine Translation.
- Incremental and Adaptive Learning for Interactive Machine Translation.
- Interactive Parsing.
- Interactive Text Generation.
- Interactive Image Retrieval.
- Prototypes and Demonstrators.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published