- Full Description
This book integrates a wide range of research topics related to and necessary for the development of proactive, smart, computers in the human interaction loop, including the development of audio-visual perceptual components for such environments; the design, implementation and analysis of novel proactive perceptive services supporting humans; the development of software architectures, ontologies and tools necessary for building such environments and services, as well as approaches for the evaluation of such technologies and services. The book is based on a major European Integrated Project, CHLI (Computers in the Human Interaction Loop), and throws light on the paradigm shift in the area of HCI that rather than humans interactive directly with machines, computers should observe and understand human interaction, and support humans during their work and interaction in an implicit and proactive manner.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- From the Contents.
- Computers in the Human Interaction Loop.
- Perceptual Technologies: Analyzing the Who, What, Where of Human Interaction.
- Person Tracking.
- Multimodal Person Indentification.
- Estimation of Head Pose.
- Automatic Speech Recognition.
- Acoustic Event Detection and Classification.
- Language Technologies: Question Answering in Speech Transcripts.
- Extracting Interaction Cues: Focus of Attention, Body Pose and Gestures.
- Acoustic Emotion Recognition.
- Activity Classification.
- Situation Modeling.
- Targeted Audio.
- Multimodal Interaction Control.
- Perceptual Component Evaluation and Data Collection.
- centred Design of CHIL Services: Introduction.
- The Collaborative Workspace: A Co
- located Tabletop Device to Support Meetings.
- The Memory Jog Services.
- The Connector Service
- Representing Availability for Mobile Communication.
- Relational Cockpit.
- Automatic Relational Reporting to Support Group Dynamics.
- The CHIL Reference Model Architecture for Multi
- Modal Perceptual Systems.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to email@example.com . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published