- Full Description
Technology is meant to make life easier and to raise its quality. Our interaction with technology should be designed according to human needs instead of us being required to adapt to technology. Even so, technology may change quickly and people and their habits change slowly. With the aim of supporting user acceptance of iTV, the focus of this book is on the usability of iTV applications. A method for developing interaction design patterns especially for new technologies is presented for the first time. The main characteristics covered in this new approach are: systematic identification of recurrent design problems; usability as a quality criterion for design solutions; integration of designers into the pattern development process including identification of designers' needs, and iterative evaluation and optimisation of patterns to encourage designers to accept and use them; usability testing to identify proven design solutions and their trade-offs; presentation of specific design guidelines.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- 1. Introduction.
- Problem and Aims.
- Structure of the book.
- 2. Interactive TV Applications and Their Context of Use.
- Interactive TV applications.
- Context of use.
- 3. Types of Design Guidance for iTV Applications.
- Summary of existing design guidance for iTV applications.
- Forms of design guidance.
- 4. User Tasks and Requirements for iTV Applications.
- Applied Method.
- 5. Design Pattern Collection for iTV.
- Framework for interaction design patterns.
- Overview of the pattern language.
- Interaction design patterns.
- 6. Method of Pattern Development.
- Requirements analysis for iTV design guidance.
- Hierarchy of iTV interaction design problems.
- Design of iTV prototypes.
- Usability test series.
- Forming the pattern language.
- Evaluation of the developed patterns.
- 7. Conclusion.
- Main contributions.
- Future research.
- Appendix A.Characteristics of usability test participants.
- Appendix B.Quantitative usability test result.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to email@example.com . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published