- Full Description
This volume presents the proceedings of ECSCW’09, the 11th European Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work. Each conference offers an occasion to critically review our research field, which has been multidisciplinary and committed to high scientific standards, both theoretical and methodological, from its beginning. These proceedings represent discussions and contributions to ongoing challenges. One challenge comes from emerging new technologies connected to ‘social computing’, gaming, as well as applications supporting citizen participation in their communities. As boundaries between home and work erode with the increased movement of work into home environments, and new applications further blur the once separate conceptions of work and leisure, our intellectual community faces challenges in the ways we think about and study work. Other challenges result from transformations of the world of work itself and the role of IT in these. They have been taken up in in-depth studies of design practice, software development, and manufacturing, as well as in the growing body of research on health care contexts and applications. Finally, there is the question of what is the European perspective in our community and whether it is worthwhile to anchor our research more firmly in such a perspective. Of high relevance to our field is the strong grounding of technology development in an understanding of human activity. The nineteen full papers, four short papers and one discussion paper selected for this conference deal with and reflect on some of these challenges, thus representing the lively debate currently ongoing in our field of research.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- The Boundaries of Participatory Citizenship.
- Research Project as Boundary Object.
- Supporting Nurses' Information Flow by Integrating Paper and Digital Charting.
- The e
- Finding the Other 5%.
- Trust and Social Capital.
- Return on Contribution (ROC.
- Collaborative Practices that Support Creativity in Design.
- 'Talking about (my) Generation': Creativity, Practice, Technology and Talk.
- Using Annotations in a Collective and Face
- Face Design Situation.
- We Can Work it out: Collaborative Conflict Resolution in Model Versioning.
- On the Effects of Refactoring in the Coordination of Software Development Activities.
- Divided by a Common Acronym: On the Fragmentation of CSCW.
- Collaboration in Metagenomics.
- Towards Living Agendas.
- Analyzing Multimodal Commmunication around a Shared Tabletop Display.
- Staus on Display.
- The 'out
- avatar experience'.
- Character Sharing the World of Warcraft.
- Octane Work.
- Asking for the moon.
- Information Curators in an Enterprise File
- Sharing Service.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published