- Full Description
New to this edition is an introduction to embedded operating systems for SOPC designs. Featuring four accelerated tutorials on the Quartus II and Nios II design environments, this edition progresses from introductory programmable logic to full-scale SOPC design integrating hardware implementation, software development, operating system support, state-of-the-art I/O, and IP cores.This edition features Altera's new 7.1 Quartus II CAD and Nios II SOPC tools and includes projects for Altera's DE1, DE2, UP3, UP2, and UP1 FPGA development boards.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Tutorial I: The 15 Minute Design.
- FPGA Development Board Hardware and I/O Features.
- Programmable Logic Technology.
- Tutorial II: Sequential Design and Hierarchy.
- FPGAcore Library Functions.
- Using VHDL for Synthesis of Digital Hardware.
- Using Verilog for Synthesis of Digital Hardware.
- State Machine Design: The Electric Train Controller.
- A Simple Computer Design: The µP 3.
- VGA Video Display Generation using FPGAs.
- Interfacing to the PS/2 Keyboard and Mouse.
- Legacy Digital I/O Interfacing Standards.
- FPGA Robotics Projects.
- A RISC Design: Synthesis of the MIPS Processor Core.
- Introducing System
- Tutorial III: Nios II Processor Software Development.
- Tutorial IV: Nios II Processor Hardware Design.
- Operating System Support for SOPC Design.
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published