Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Apress's web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Apress's web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Apress at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on Apress's web site are provided "as is". Apress makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Apress does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Apress or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Apress's Internet site, even if Apress or a Apress authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Apress's web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Apress does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Apress may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Apress does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Apress has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Apress of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Apress's web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
We at Apress Media LLC ("APRESS") respect your concerns about privacy and value the relationship we have with you. This Online Privacy Notice applies to personal information we collect on this website (the "Site").
This Online Privacy Notice describes the types of personal information we collect on the Site, how we may use the information, with whom we may share it and the choices available to you regarding our use of the information. We also describe the measures we take to safeguard the information and tell you how to contact us about our privacy practices.
- Information We Collect
- How We Use The Information We Collect
- Online Tracking
- Information We Share
- Links To Other Websites
- Children's Privacy
- How We Protect Personal Information
- Your Choices
- Notice To California Residents
- Access and Correction
- Data Transfers
- Updates To Our Online Privacy Notice
- How To Contact Us
The sale and purchase of products via this website is by a contract between you and us, formed when you have placed an order. Once your order has been placed, the purchased eBook appears in your "Your eBooks" section which you find under "Your Account".
Please note that as soon as we confirm your eBook order, it will be processed by our electronic system and we will be unable to prevent it being dispatched to your account. In addition, no refunds or exchanges will be given on eBooks unless the supplied file is faulty or a fault occurs during the book being made available to you, i.e. during download. If either case should sadly arise, then you should contact our Customer Support who will be able to resolve this issue for you. All Apress eBooks will be supplied for in-app reading or downloadable in a number of formats. It is therefore the responsibility of the purchaser to obtain a copy of the appropriate software necessary for viewing the eBook.