- Game apps are one of the most popular categories in the Apple iTunes App Store, and the introduction of the Swift programming language is making game development even more appealing and easier for iOS app developers. In Beginning Swift Games Development for iOS, you'll learn the fundamental elements of the Swift language as applied to game development for iOS. Source Code now updated for Swift 1.2!
Buy this book
- eBook $29.99
price for USA (gross)
- ISBN 978-1-4842-0400-9
- Digitally watermarked, DRM-free
- Included format: PDF, EPUB
- ebooks can be used on all reading devices
- Immediate eBook download after purchase
- About this book
Game apps are one of the most popular categories in the Apple iTunes App Store. Well, the introduction of the new Swift programming language will make game development even more appealing and easier to existing and future iOS app developers. In response, James Goodwill, Wesley Matlock and Apress introduce you to this book, Beginning Swift Games Development for iOS. In this book, you'll learn the fundamental elements of the new Swift language as applied to game development for iOS.
In part 1, you'll start with a basic 2D game idea and build the game throughout the book introducing each SpriteKit topic as we add new functionality to the game. By the end of the book, you'll have experience with all the important SpriteKit topics and have a fully functional game as a result. In part 2 of this book, you'll learn 3D game development using Apple's SceneKit framework and the Swift programming language. And, you'll follow the same pattern we used for part 1.
After reading and using this book, you'll have the skills and the code to build your first 2D and then 3D game app that you can run on any iOS enabled device and perhaps sell in the Apple iTunes App Store.
- About the authors
James Goodwill is an 8-time published author of leading technologies such as Java Servlets, JavaServer Pages (JSPs), Tomcat and Struts. He is a senior enterprise iOS and Java consultant in the Denver metro area and frequent speaker and article writer.
Table of contents (17 chapters)
Setting Up Your Game Scene and Adding Your First Sprites
Sprite Kit Scenes and SKNode Positioning
Adding Physics and Collision Detection to Your Game
Adding Scene Scrolling and Game Control
Adding Actions and Animations
- Bibliographic Information
- Book Title
- Beginning Swift Games Development for iOS
- James Goodwill
- Wesley Matlock
- Copyright Holder
- James Goodwill and Wesley Matlock
- eBook ISBN
- Edition Number
- Number of Pages
- XXI, 276
- Number of Illustrations and Tables
- 114 b/w illustrations