- Author is strong Ubuntu user and writer who has been using Ubuntu for many years and brings that experience to this title.
- Ubuntu is the world's third most popular operating system and still retains a large userbase with potential for good sales.
- Content is searchable on database services such as SpringerLink, Safari, etc.
Buy this book
- eBook $39.99
price for USA (gross)
- ISBN 978-1-4842-0608-9
- Digitally watermarked, DRM-free
- Included format: PDF, EPUB
- ebooks can be used on all reading devices
- Immediate eBook download after purchase
- About this book
Beginning Ubuntu for Windows and Mac Users is your comprehensive guide to using Ubuntu. You already know how to use a computer running Windows or OS X, but learning a new operating system can feel daunting. If you've been afraid to try Ubuntu because you don't know where to start, this book will show you how to get the most out of Ubuntu for work, home, and play. You'll be introduced to a wide selection of software and settings that will make your computer ready to work for you.
Ubuntu makes your computing life easy. Ubuntu's Software Updater keeps all of your software secure and up-to-date. Browsing the Internet becomes faster and safer. Creating documents and sharing with others is built right in. Enjoying your music and movie libraries helps you unwind. In addition to a tour of Ubuntu's modern and easy-to-use interface, you'll also learn how to:
• Understand the advantages of Ubuntu and its variants—Kubuntu, Xubuntu, and more
• Install Ubuntu on its own or alongside your computer's existing operating system
• Search Ubuntu's catalog of thousands of applications—all ready to install with a single click
• Work with files and disks that were created with Windows and OS X• Run simple, interesting tasks and games using the command line
• Customize Ubuntu in powerful ways and get work done with virtual machines
Ubuntu is the world’s third most popular operating system and powers desktop and laptop computers, servers, private and public clouds, phones and tablets, and embedded devices. There's never been a better time to install Ubuntu and move to an open source way of life. Get started with Beginning Ubuntu for Windows and Mac Users today!
Table of contents (8 chapters)
Getting Started with Ubuntu
Productivity at Home and Work
Enjoying Media and Other Entertainment
Command-Line Tricks and Applications
- Bibliographic Information
- Book Title
- Beginning Ubuntu for Windows and Mac Users
- Nathan Haines
- Copyright Holder
- Nathan Haines
- eBook ISBN
- Edition Number
- Number of Pages
- XXIV, 216
- Number of Illustrations and Tables
- 132 b/w illustrations