Foundation Dreamweaver MX 2004
Authors: McLachlan, George, Grannell, Craig, Powers, DavidDownload source code
Buy this book
- Softcover $34.99
price for USA
- ISBN 978-1-59059-308-0
- Free shipping for individuals worldwide
- Usually dispatched within 3 to 5 business days.
- About this book
Dreamweaver MX 2004 is Macromedia's world-class visual web-authoring tool, which includes powerful yet easy-to-use database integration. Unlike many other books, Foundation Dreamweaver MX 2004 focuses on both sides of coin—no matter what your background, this book will give you a solid foundation in graphic design and layout issues, as well as full training in the powerful server-side and database integration features that Dreamweaver offers. The truth is that in today's climate database integration is no more of an extra than faultless visual design, and this book is here to guide you through this new world, covering dynamic scripting with PHP and the popular MySQL database. This book covers:
- Site design and layout principles
- Using templates and Cascading Style Sheets to create advanced site designs
- Adding interactivity to pages with PHP script Setting up PHP and MySQL to create powerful dynamic database-driven applications
Even if you are already using Dreamweaver, this book will help to extend your skills towards dynamic content that's interactive and engaging to your visitors. Maybe you're a developer who wants to make the most of this sophisticated productivity tool and take full advantage of the renowned Dreamweaver interface to improve your workflow. Foundation Dreamweaver MX 2004 gives you the essential grounding that you'll need in the all-important design context. Whether a complete novice or a past user, after reading this book, you'll be fluent in the full breadth of the powerful functionality that Dreamweaver MX 2004 has to offer. This book presents a unique learning curve backed up by solid real-world case studies and tutorials.
Macromedia Dreamweaver MX 2004 makes this all possible, and Foundation Dreamweaver MX 2004 makes it easier than you could have imagined! This book will benefit you if you're:
- Someone who wants to learn Dreamweaver MX 2004, but only wants a static site.
- The same, but who might take a look at dynamic sites later.
- Someone who already has a static site, but wants to make it dynamic.
- Someone who wants to create a dynamic site from scratch.
- Those who want to improve their sites and learn best practices and web standards.
- About the authors
George McLachlan lives in Glasgow, Scotland and is a freelance PHP developer. He has been a beta tester for Dreamweaver MX, and also one of the developers for a third-party extension called PHPMXDB, which aims to provide additional database support for PHP within MX. He is a member of Team Macromedia newsgroups. George is a strong supporter of open source technologies and, when time permits, he tries to provide feedback to the PHP QA team. George was a co-author of Foundation Dreamweaver MX for friends of ED, and also authored Dreamweaver MX: Advanced PHP Web Development for glasshaus.
From the reviews:
"Cooler than Jack Nicholson smearing ice-cream on The White Stripes in a freezer. In the Winter. On Pluto!" DMXzone.com
From the reviews:
"I liked this book very much; the style was bright and breezy enough so that it never got boring … . The learning curve in this book is fast, but not frightening, and it coves all the basics but distinguishes itself by including information on design, the user experience and security which you don’t usually see in books aimed at the beginner … ." (Bruce Lawson, DMXzone, 2004)
- Bibliographic Information
- Book Title
- Foundation Dreamweaver MX 2004
- George McLachlan
- Craig Grannell
- David Powers
- Copyright Holder
- George McLachlan and Craig Grannell and David Powers
- Softcover ISBN
- Edition Number
- Number of Pages
- XX, 450