- Full Description
Using Mac OS Mavericks is the essential guide to using a computer running Mavericks, providing a complete resource for both the beginner and the enthusiast.
Techniques are step-by-step using photography and screen prints throughout, together with concise, easy to follow text from an established expert in the field, provide a comprehensive guide to Apple Macs.
Whether you have just bought your first Mac, switched from Windows, or are a keen computer user, this book will provide you with a firm grasp of the underpinning foundations and equip you with the skills needed to use a Mac like a pro.
What youll learn
- New features in mavericks
- Setting up your Mac,
- The interface, docs, finders,
- Dashboards and widgets
- Mac App Store, iCloud and spotlight
- Security considerations
- Keeping your data safe
- The time machine backup system
- Setting up wifi, internet and email
- Creating stunning presentations,
- Writing beautiful looking documents,
- Organising your favourite music into playlists, onto your iPod or burning a CD to play in the car.
- Storing, organising and manipulating your photos
- Creating photo albums and slideshows
- Editing your home movies using iMovie
- And more.
Who this book is for
This book is for those who are new to Mac OS X Mavericks and even to those who may be new to Mac OS altogether.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents1. Introducing Mavericks
2. The Cloud
3. Mac App Store
4. Time Machine
6. Using the Internet
7. Apple E-Mail
9. Using iTunes
11. Using iMovie
12. Pages '09
14. Giving Presentations
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published