- Full Description
Windows 8 has been described by Microsoft as its boldest Windows release ever and the 8.1 update enhances the paradigm further. Beginning Windows 8.1 takes you through the new features and helps you get more out of the familiar to reveal the fullest possibilities for this amazing new operating system.
You will learn, with non-technical language used throughout, how to get up and running in the new Windows interface, minimize downtime, maximize productivity, and harness the features you never knew existed to take control of your computer and enjoy the peace of mind and excitement that comes with it.
From tips and tweaks to easy-to-follow guides and detailed descriptions, this book takes you inside Windows 8.1 to discover the true power and flexibility that lies within, and guides you at your own pace through getting the very best from it.
What youll learn
- About the ins and outs of the Windows 8 interface and its new features
- How to personalize your Windows experience to give trouble-free performance
- How to use your computer to connect to devices and services in the home, at work, and on the move
- How to maximize your productivity with Windows 8
- How to secure and configure Windows 8 to guarantee a safe and secure experience
- How to use hack and manipulate Windows to enable advanced customization
Who this book is for
Beginning Windows 8.1 is for people new to Windows or who just want toget up to speed with Windows 8. This book also can help people who already know how to perform routine tasks learn how to get more out of Windows, their computer and their time. Whether you want to get up and running with Windows 8, or want to go to the next level and learn useful ways to minimize problems, maximize performance, and optimize your overall Windows experience, this book is for you.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Introducing Windows 8.1
- Finding your Way Around Windows 8.1
- Sharing with Family and Friends
- Organizing and Searching Your Computer
- Printing and Managing Printers
- Having Fun with Games, Photos, Music and Video
- Maximizing Your Productivity
- Personalizing Your Windows Experience
- Making Windows 8.1 More Accessible and Easier to Use
- Keeping Yourself, Your Files and Your Computer Safe
- Maintaining and Backing up Your Computer and Files
- Advanced Configuration and Customization
- Getting Started with Virtualization
- Installing Windows 8.1 on Your Computer
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published