- Full Description
ASP.NET 3.5 is the principal standard for creating dynamic web pages on the Windows platform. Pro ASP.NET 3.5 in VB 2008: Includes Silverlight 2 raises the bar for highquality, practical advice on learning and deploying Microsofts dynamic web solution.
Updated with everything you need to integrate Silverlight 2.0 into your ASP.NET applications, this book teaches you all about Silverlights exciting features so that your ASP projects can be rich in visual flair and compelling to the user. Youll learn how to use the new levels of abstraction in the Entity Framework to design elegant, powerful application architectures.
Seasoned .NET professionals Matthew MacDonald, Mario Szpuszta, and Vidya Vrat Agarwal explain how you can get the most from these groundbreaking technologies. They cover ASP.NET 3.5 as a whole, illustrating both the newer features and the functionality carried over from previous versions of ASP. This book will give you the knowledge you need to code real ASP.NET 3.5 applications in the best possible style.
What youll learn
The book will teach you ASP.NET 3.5 starting with core concepts to more advanced topics. You will learn
- Core concepts of ASP.NET 3.5. Why its special. What its fundamental principles are. The basics of Visual Studio. How ASP.NET 3.5 controls are created, and how they fit into ASP.NET 3.5 pages, ultimately creating full applications.
- Security. Once considered the Achilles heel of all Windows web applications, security has vastly improved and is a cornerstone of ASP.NET 3.5. This book explains the various forms of available security and how to best apply them.
- Web services. In an increasingly connected world, working with web services grows in importance. This book will show you how to work with them.
- ASP.NET AJAX, with an emphasis on contemporary web development techniques.
- Development using Internet Information Services 7, Microsofts premier web hosting platform.
And much more.
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.On page 476:Dim gridChild As GridView = DirectCust_
This line of code gives an error.