- Full Description
ASP.NET 3.5 isÂ Microsofts revolutionary ASP.NET technology. It is the principal standard for creating dynamic web pages on the Windows platform. Pro ASP.NET 3.5 in C# 2008 raises the bar for highquality, practical advice on learning and deploying Microsofts dynamic web solution.
Seasoned .NET professionals Matthew MacDonald and Mario Szpuszta explain how you can get the most from this groundbreaking technology. They cover ASP.NET 3.5 as a whole, illustrating both the brandnew features and the functionality carried over from previous versions of ASP. This book will give you the knowledge you need to code real ASP.NET 3.5 applications in the best possible style.
What youll learn
The book will teach you ASP.NET 3.5, starting with core concepts to more advanced topics. You will learn:
- Core concepts of ASP.NET 3.5. Why its special. What its fundamental principals are. The basics of Visual Studio. How ASP.NET 3.5 controls are created, and how they fit into ASP.NET 3.5 pages, ultimately creating full applications
- Data access details. The intricacies of ADO.NET and how to perform data binding to many sources from databases to file streams to XML. We include LINQ coverage so youre on the bleeding edge
- Security. Once considered the Achilles heel of all Windows web applications, security has vastly improved and is a cornerstone of ASP.NET 3.5. This section explains the various forms of available security, and how to best apply them
- Web services. In an increasingly connected world, working with web services grows in importance. This book will show you how to work with them.
- ASP.NET AJAX, with an emphasis on comtemporary web development techniques
- Development using Internet Information Services 7, Microsofts premier web hosting platform.
- Source Code/Downloads
On page 94:
The URL shown in Figures 3-6 and 3-7 (http://localhost/chapter04/Controls.asp) doesn't match the chapter or aspx page (ControlTree.aspx) shown in the text and available in the downloaded code for chapter 3.
(just a bit confusing...)