- Full Description
You'll discover how to develop games with vector math, pathfinding, and advanced collision detection techniques, all of which are covered in a friendly and non-technical manner. You'll find detailed working examples, with hundreds of illustrations and thousands of lines of source code that you can freely adapt for your own projects. All the math and programming techniques are elaborately explained and examples are open-ended to encourage you to think of original ways to use these techniques in your own games. You can use what you learn in this book to make games for desktops, mobile phones, tablets or the Web.
What youll learn
- Control the geometry and physics of the game world using vector math, SAT, and advanced collision detection strategies.
- Advanced tile-based design techniques for puzzle, platform and maze games.
- Path-finding and AI systems including Ling of Sight and A* (A-Star)
- Pixel-perfect collision detection, particle explosions and high-performance 2D sprite rendering with WebGL.
- Learn to make isometric games and build a physics-rich game world with Box2D.
- Manage complexity to build games of any size that scale seamlessly.
Who this book is for
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Advanced Game Design
- The Canvas Drawing API
- Making Sprites and a Scene Graph
- Working with Game Assets
- Scripted Motion
- Keyframe Animation
- Using Collision Detection
- Sound with the WebAudio API
- Make Your Own Game Engine
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published