- Full Description
In Practical Dojo Projects, youll learn all about what Dojo has to offer. Youll see it in action in the form of five fully functional applications, which include
- A contact manager for storing info for all the important people in your life
- A code cabinet: a place to store, index, and get code snippets from
- A stock tracker to keep track of your stock portfolio
- A message forum for open discussions on topics you define
- Even a fun little game!
By the time youve finished reading, youll have a firm grasp on what Dojo is all about, and youll have the preparation you need to begin to use it yourself in your own projects. See you inside!
What youll learn
- Uncover the fundamentals of Dojo, its core, Dojo Widgets, and DojoX.
- Create a code cabinet, a place to store snippets of code for later reuse using Dojo and Dojo Offline (based on Google Gears).
- See how to build an interactive and fun came application using Dojo.
- Build a stock watcher application, which allows you to enter ticker symbols and will show you realtime updates using some available web service; show net gain/loss over various time periods (hourly/daily/weekly/monthly/yearly) with various charts and graphs.
- Take Dojo into social networking by building a messaging forums application.
Who this book is for
Web application developers, senior projects leads, and application architects.
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to email@example.com . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published