- Full Description
Pro SharePoint with jQuery is all about how to work seamlessly with the two popular technologies to create rich and interactive web parts, application pages, and more. In this book, author Phill Duffy provides complete, meaningful and realistic examples to really help you understand the key concepts and their integration points. Inside, you'll find all the tools and resources you need to use jQuery to provide the next level of SharePoint functionality.
Learn what it takes to get ready to use jQuery, how to create rich, responsive, and highly functional user interfaces, how to call the SharePoint web services and work with HTML elements, and much more with Pro SharePoint with jQuery.
- Takes you through the different ways of integrating jQuery into your SharePoint environment
- Provides various levels of projects to show off the extensive capabilities of jQuery within SharePoint
- Teaches you how to provide rich, fluent and interactive jQuery-enabled user interfaces
What youll learn
- The basics of jQuery effects, including styling elements, generating HTML markup on the fly, and creating modal dialogs
- How to debug your jQuery
- How to create a task management application page that allows users to easily create, edit and move tasks across statuses
- How to use JQuery's built-in Ajax functions to dynamically load data into a web part
- How to work with the SharePoint web services to interact with your SharePoint data
- How to work with the SharePoint 2010 Client Object Model with jQuery
- jQuery plug-in development patterns to create modular, reusable jQuery plug-ins.
Who this book is for
Pro SharePoint with jQuery is for intermediate programmers interested in building rich, interactive web parts, application pages and more using the combined power of jQuery and SharePoint.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Introducing jQuery
- Integrating jQuery into SharePoint
- Common jQuery Features, Actions and Methods
- Viewing SharePoint Data using jQuery
- Building a Task List Viewer Application Page
- Adding Controls to Create, Edit, and Delete Tasks
- Enhancing SharePoint with jQuery
- Using jQuery Plugins to Enhance SharePoint
- Extending jQuery
- Source Code/Downloads
On page 44:In table 3-9
sould be read :