- Full Description
Start building Javabased web applications now, even if youre a complete newcomer to Java. Comprehensive and exampledriven, Beginning JSP, JSF, and Tomcat Web Development is all you need to develop dynamic web applications using JSP, connect to databases with JSF, and put them into action using the worlds most popular open source Java web server, Apache Tomcat.
- A comprehensive introduction to JavaServer Pages (JSP), JavaServer Faces (JSF), and the Apache Tomcat web application server
- Key concepts made easy to grasp by numerous working examples and a walkthrough of the development of a complete e-commerce project
- Written for professionals by a practicing Java web application professional and expert
What youll learn
- Develop dynamic web applications using the popular JavaServer Pages (JSP) technology
- Connect to SQLbased databases, like MySQL, from JSP/JSFbased web pages
- Integrate XML and HTML markup into your Java web page or Java-based web application
- Build an ecommerce web site using sound design principles
- Deploy web applications using the worlds most popular and widely adopted open source Java web application server, Apache Tomcat
Who this book is for
This book is ideal for anyone new to Java who wants to start developing Java web applications, but also offers a valuable refresher to Java web developers who are new to the latest JSP, JSF, and Tomcat standards.
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published