- Full Description
The author avoids needless theory and rhetoric throughout the book, moving you through the topics at a fast pace. He incorporates several realworld examples to help you gain valuable practical experience as you learn. Practical Prototype and script.aculo.us is completely up to date and features serverside examples written in PHP that show the framework can be used effectively in more environments than just Ruby on Rails.
- Leverage script.aculo.us to turbo charge your dynamic UIs
What youll learn
- How to use all of the basic timesaving/convenience functions of Prototype
- How to use enumberables to speed up looping, arrays, etc.
- How to enhance your Ajax applications with Prototype
- How Prototype makes working with events and DOM elements a cinch
- How script.aculo.us fits into DOM Scripting/DHTML
- How to make use of the basic effects available in script.aculo.us
- Mastery ofÂ user interfaceÂ controls and drag and drop in script.aculo.us
- How to treat Prototype and script.aculo.us as a platform
- How to use Prototype and script.aculo.us effectively with PHP and other serverside setups besides Ruby on Rails
Who this book is for
- Source Code/Downloads
On page 65:Books says "Also notice how we've removed the method parameter from the options."
But the method parameter is in the example code and in figure 4-10.